Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Crafty Goodness and Welcome Back!

Hello friends!  So, it's been a bit since I've blogged....
My life has been INSANE!  First, my husband had surgery to repair 2 pinched nerves in his RIGHT arm, therefore making me his right arm slave for a few days and THEN I lost my job!  I know, you're thinking, "Well if you've been unemployed, doesn't that mean you would have MORE time to blog?"  And, yes, in a perfect world that may be true...I, however have discovered that being unemployed takes up twice as much of my time!  Not to mention that both my boys have started baseball, which just adds to my "To Do" list.  Now, in addition to dropping off the childrens I have to pick up Farm from preschool every day at 11:30 am, except for Fridays when he doesn't have preschool at all, apply for jobs, interview for jobs, take boys to practice because dear hubby has been trying to work overtime as much as possible AND since I'm home, I do all the cooking.  NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING! Sincerely, I try to do as much cooking, cleaning and laundry as I can BECAUSE I am home all day.  But between trying to do my weekly sketches for the blog, being a SAHM, baseball and trying to find a new job, blogging kind of fell by the wayside...but now I'm back!  If you're coming from Nuts About Sketches, WELCOME!  I promise there will be more to ready now :)

But now we're back and I'm going to try to work it in as much as I can!
Today's Sunday Crafty Goodness is going to be a little different in that I'm not going to show/tell you a step-by-step on this craft (it's pretty darn self-explanatory), but I wanted to show you what ELSE I've been up to to try and earn a little extra $$$.

You guys know baseball is very big at our house, so here's my latest craft:


Yup, flowers made from new baseballs, old baseballs and new softballs!  On the back I have glued metal clips lined with felt so that they can be clipped to flip flops, clipped to in your hair, to your purse, your hat, whatever!  I saw them here.  Full disclosure: the DIY video does not show you how to make flowers from REAL baseballs.  So, I MacGyver'd my own :)

Some folks from my home town saw the ones I've made and now I have a few orders coming in :)

So, crafty goodness for today and a commitment to blog more!  Also, if you haven't already, check out my pages and the pages of my wildly talented fellow DT members at Nuts About Sketches and the awesome scrapbook sketches available :)


Maymie

No comments:

Post a Comment