Saturday, February 8, 2014

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Maymie's corner!  This is not my first blog, but it is the first I've done that will center on my crafts and photography and SCRAPBOOKING :) and not my family.  You'll get a peek into my family life and also get glimpses into my journey to become a healthier ME!

So, a few things about me!  My real name is Amy but I have 2 sweet nieces and 4 studly nephews (with a new niece or nephew coming soon!) that all call me Maymie :)  Growing up my grandfather used to call me Maymie Ree and I never realized how much I loved being called that until he passed away in 2000.  When my nieces and nephews started coming along they started calling me Maymie, so here I am!  I am married to the sweetest man on Earth and the lucky mom to 3 sons, ages 9, 6, 4 and 1 stepdaughter who is 15.  About 4 years ago my oldest stepdaughter, Kaitlyn, passed away at 16 after a 5 year battle with cancer.  She loved to dance and we miss her every day.  I'm still working on her scrapbook and so occasionally you'll see pages that feature her and parts of her history.  And you'll get to know my other babies too!  Mr. J, who is 9, plays accelerated league baseball, which, even in Utah is an almost year-round sport!  Practices for spring ball began the 1st week of January and we'll play probably through June, then we'll have a break until August, then fall ball starts and goes through October, then a 2 month offseason!  But we love it.  J has a really great team with great parents and it's a lot of fun :)  Ralphie, who is 6, wants to be just like J and today he took another step in that direction!  We signed him up for Little League today and it will be his first "real" team.  He's pretty excited and it will be fun to have another kiddo on the diamond.  Farm is 4 and our youngest...for now! And he's going to be an adventure, I think.  He's very different at 4 than the other boys were, but given that he was our "surprise" baby, that's not a shock :)  He came to us at a time when our lives were complete chaos, but we wouldn't trade him for anything!  Our Miss is 15 and sweet, smart and full of her own challenges :)  She lives with us half the time and her mom half the time...we're lucky that we can share time that way and have her be a part of things at our house too!

I do work full time for a doctor as a medical assistant and I love it :)  I have a great boss and great co-workers and I really enjoy what I do!  I'm lucky in that they allow me to feed my creativity by decorating the office for the holidays :)  

And on top of 4 kiddos and a full time job I try to carve out time to craft, scrapbook, take and edit photos and now, I'm trying to become a healthier me!  My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and take walks together and set a better example for our kiddos.  Our goal is to start running this summer and start completing a few races!

I'm glad you're here!  Please, leave comments, invite your friends!  I'll be posting photos of my latest projects and pages and all kinds of crafty goodness :)  You can find some of my favorite projects from the past here on my Flickr page or follow me on Pinterest at amyadams04.  You can also see my work at Nuts About Sketches beginning in March 2014 as part of the new Design Team :) 

Welcome to Maymie's Corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment